The Dumas Independent School District Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, July 17, 2017, at the Central Administration Building, 4th and Miller, in Dumas. The following is the agenda:
1. Call to Order
3. Recognize Guest
4. Consent Agenda - Action Item
A. Minutes of June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting
B. Minutes of June 29, 2017 Special Meeting (Budget Adoption)
5. Financial Report as of June 30, 2017 - Information Item
6. Check Register as of June 30, 2017 - Information Item
7. Bilingual/ESL Annual Report - Information Item
8. 2017-2018 Campus Student Handbooks - Discussion Item
9. 2017-2018 Student Code of Conduct - Action Item
10. Preliminary State Assessment Results - Information Item
11. Tuition Rates 2017-2018 - Action Item
12. Sick Leave Bank 2017-2018 - Contribution of Additional Days - Action Item
13. Consider Nominations for TASB Delegate Assembly 2017 - Action Item
14. Purchasing Report - Information Item
15. Personnel (Possible Closed Session - TBC - 551.074) - Action Item
16. Superintendent's Report - Information Item
17. Consultation with Attorney Regarding Lawsuit Styled Miguel Cuellar and Carmen Cueller v, Dumas ISD et al, Cause No. 17-57 - Information Item
18. Consideration and possible action regarding lawsuit styled Miguel Cueller and Carmen Cueller v. Dumas ISD et al, Cause No. 17-57 - Action Item
North Plains Groundwater Conservation District
The next meeting of the North Plains Groundwater Conservation District Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, July 18, 2017, at 9 a.m. The meeting will be held in the Richard S. Bowers Learning Center at the Water Conservation Center, 6045 County Road E. The following is the meeting’s agenda:
Call Board Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
Opening Prayer Pledge
1. Public Comment
2. Consent Agenda
a. Review and approval of minutes of the board meetings held as follows:
Regular Board Meeting – June 20, 2017
Property Committee Meeting – July 6, 2017
Agriculture Conservation Committee Meeting – July 6, 2017
Finance Committee Meeting – July 6, 2017
b. Review and approval of district expenditures for June 1, 2017, through June 30, 2017.
c. Consider approval of payment to Lemon, Shearer, Phillips & Good, P.C. for legal services.
3. Action Agenda
a. Receive presentation by Executive Director Mike Running of the Dumas Economic Development Corporation on the advantages and disadvantages of political subdivisions granting property tax abatements for economic development.
b. Consider resolution and order proposed by Oslo Wind, LLC whereby the District would elect to become eligible to participate in property tax abatements and adopt guidelines and criteria for granting property tax abatements; and consider the formal adoption of the resolution and order.
c. Consider resolution and order proposed by Oslo Wind, LLC (“Oslo”) wherein the District approves and authorizes the execution of a tax abatement agreement with Oslo on wind turbines and related facilities and equipment proposed to be constructed and/or installed by Oslo in the Sherman County Reinvestment Zone and the Hansford County Reinvestment Zone; and consider the formal adoption of the resolution and order.
d. Consider final compliance approval of Water Well Permits as active and complete wells.
e. Receive report from Agriculture Committee regarding the District’s Agricultural Water Conservation Program and the North Plains Water Conservation Center.
f. Receive report from Property Committee regarding the District’s facilities and development plan.
g. Receive report from Budget and Finance Committee.
h. Consider approval of district public funds investment policy.
i. Review and consider approval of District’s depository institutions.
j. Receive district investment report for the period April 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017.
k. Receive District Annual Report for 2016.
l. Consider legal and compliance matters before the District.
m. Closed Session.
The Board of Directors of the district may go into a closed session under the authority of the Government Code, Chapter 551, Texas Open Meetings Act, to discuss:
i) Consultation with Attorney – Attorney/Client Privileged Consultations (§ 551.071).
ii) Consultation with legal counsel regarding pending compliance matters and attorney- client privileged communications exempt from the Open Meetings Act pursuant to § 551.071 of the Government Code.
n. Consider action regarding recommendation(s) on matters discussed in closed session.
4. Discussion Agenda
a. District director reports regarding meetings and/or seminars attended, weather conditions and economic development in each Director’s precinct.
b. Committee Reports
c. General Manager’s Report
• Upcoming meetings and conferences.
• General Manager’s Activity Summary
• Permits Issued in June 2017
• District Activity Summary
5. Discuss Items for Future Board Meeting Agendas and Set Next Meeting Date and Time.