Yesway announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Allsup’s Convenience Stores, based in Clovis, New Mexico, subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions.
- Dumas woman turns 100
- School bonds pass, though results not yet certified
- Panhandle Community Services moves, implements new identification requirements
- Care Net to give old building new life
- DISD beefs up security at secondary schools with new metal detectors
- Veterans Resource Center, a one-stop source of support for Panhandle veterans
- Haltom donates $8,000 to Panhandle Children's Foundation
- RONALD (BUD) WARREN TRAMMELL
- Demonettes fight back, advance to area playoffs
- Dumas clinches third district title in 45-13 win over Hereford
- Former Elkhorn South standout, Husker walk-on Bryant transferring
- All's quiet on center-snap front, but NU gears up for a defense that can make noise in backfield
- Ask Hub: What can Chicago Bears do to escape QB purgatory?
- SPORTS DIGEST: Golden goal sends Valpo home from Valley Tournament
- Red Report: Robinson's status up in the air; Hickman's versatility; healthy QBs; Pola-Gates out
- Alabama notebook: Saban: Tagovailoa ‘made a lot of progress’ Wednesday
- Verduzco wants to see Husker QB Martinez 'let it rip' Saturday vs. Wisconsin
- Brooklyn Beckham dating Nicola Peltz
It took a lot of vision for a young man of 20 to leave his family, travel over 300 miles to come to Moore County in 1900. Bob Powell was such a man. He came to this wide-open county and stayed to help shape Moore County.
"We have done a lot of business," said author and illustrator Ashlyn Parker. She was manning a table with her mother-in-law, Angela Grotegut, Saturday on the courthouse square in Dumas. The two women had come all the way from Gruver to the 2019 Dumas Downtown Association's annual sidewalk …
Lester Thornhill came to the United States from Trinidad to attend college. Sasha Stephens immigrated from the former Soviet Union as a middle schooler. Today, Thornhill is the chief executive officer and Stephens the executive project manager of Life's Abundance, Inc., a Florida-based com…
"This is the first restaurant we have had in Dumas. We like to go places where we can offer something different," said Chrissi Casanova, who along with her fiance, Nick Plava, opened Roma Restaurant at 410 S. Dumas Avenue in Dumas back in March. "So far, we have had good support. We are h…
When sisters Emily Crawford and Beth Ann Clark recently had the grand opening party for their new business, Cultivate, at 503 North Maddox, it just happened to be on a day with horrendous weather. Rain poured in Dumas and tornados threatened Cactus. Still, a sizable group of people came ou…
After being corporate owned for over three decades, Morrison Funeral Directors recently transitioned back to being a locally owned funeral home. In fact, Todd Beeson, who took over ownership of the business on Feb. 22 of this year, says he is proud to tell everyone the business is veteran an…
Dalhart is fortunate to have 37 volunteer firefighters and 12 emergency response personnel. Hartley County is blessed with 18 volunteer firefighters and 6 emergency response personnel. These individuals often risk their lives to save others.
"We are proud of our veterans, and we wanted to do something special to honor them that people would see when they came into our refinery," said Kathy Goodwin, Lead HR Specialist at Valero McKee Refinery. She was talking about a wall in the refinery administration building that the company …
Kokken Food Truck owner and chef Laura Maner was joined by her husband, Zach; son, Beckett; parents, Dr. Tory and Kaye Moore; and officials of the Dumas/Moore County Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday next to the 8th. Street Event Center as she cut a ribbon and officially joined the Chamber of C…
G and G Operators of Dumas, located at 210 NW 8th in Dumas, recently celebrated a new addition to its facility. The Dumas/Moore County Chamber of Commerce conducted a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 27 to recognize the addition of a concrete plant at the location. G and G Operators …
Drs. Reagan and David Bonner, along with family and staff members, broke ground Thursday on what will be the new Bonner Family Dentistry on 1st St. in Dumas. Located directly across the street from the old Bonner Family Dentistry, the new building should be ready to move into by July, accor…
Texan Sky Credit Union (previously known as Shamrock Federal Credit Union) recently celebrated its new location at 515 S. Bliss in Dumas with a Dumas/Moore County Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting ceremony. In the accompanying photo, credit union employees, Chamber representatives and commu…
Pioneer Natural Resources Company announced earlier this week it has signed a purchase agreement to sell its assets in the western Texas Panhandle. The sale, which is to an undisclosed buyer, is for $201 million, according to Pioneer’s website.
The Dumas/Moore County Chamber of Commerce welcomed a new member with a ribbon-cutting ceremony recently. Benchmark Business Solutions is joined by Chamber and community representatives for the event in the photo accompanying this post.
Amarillo, TX -- Outstanding 4-H and FFA high school students received prominent recognition for their dedication to agriculture through AgTexas Farm Credit Services’ 3rd Annual AgYouth Banquet at the new Embassy Suites in downtown Amarillo on Monday evening (April 23).