Life is full of milestone events. Whether it is grandma’s 100th birthday, your son or daughter’s engagement and wedding, your first child or one of many other events, we want to hear from you. That’s because we are proud to celebrate the milestone moments in your life because it allows us to celebrate life in Moore County.
Did you know that the Moore County News-Press does not charge one red cent to publish such milestone events in YOUR community newspaper? It’s true. We simply want to share in the joy of your milestones, and we want our readership, your friends and neighbors, to share in the joy, too.
There are several ways to share your Moore Life news items with us. Here are some ways to submit your information for publication:
1) Drop by the office at 702 S. Meredith during regular business hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Request the appropriate form(s) and fill them out. You’re welcome to take a seat and fill out the form(s) while you’re in the office or take them with you and bring them back, fax them back, mail them back or email them back at your convenience. If you are sharing a photo, bring it with you when requesting the form(s) so we can process it and return it to you during your visit.
2) Fill out one of our submission forms online at www.moorenews.com/site/forms. There you will find announcement forms for anniversaries, births, engagements and weddings. Simply key in the information and, if you choose to include a photo, upload it along with the rest of your information. You will receive a confirmation email to let you know we’ve received your submission.
This portion of our website also includes access to other services such as online submissions for letters to the editor and obituaries, as well as subscription services such as changes of address, delivery issues, online bill pay, vacation stop/start and gift subscriptions.
3) Bring us a copy of an announcement that was published in another newspaper. Most of the time we’re able to find all the information we need in that clipping.
4) If all else fails, just give us a call. We will help you in figuring out the best possible method for submitting your information, even if it means coming to your front door and picking it up.
So, what all classifies as Moore Life news items? Here are some examples:
• Birth announcements;
• Engagement announcements;
• Wedding announcements;
• Milestone birthdays (70-plus years on the 5’s: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, or anyone 100-plus)
• Milestone anniversaries (25-plus years on the 5’s);
• Bridal showers;
• Baby showers;
• College/technical school graduations;
• Military accomplishments (basic training, special awards, etc.)
• Club news (meeting recaps for community groups/ civic organizations); and
• Fun photos you wish to share (a special vacation, mission trip, family reunion, class reunion, your daughter's quinceañera, etc.).
We look forward to receiving your submissions and sharing your stories. Each milestone is another important chapter in the story of Moore County and its people. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to tell those stories for the past 90-plus years, and thank you in advance for allowing us to tell your stories for many, many more years into the future.